Thursday, March 7, 2013

Random thoughts from a brain that is fried

There has been so much going on that my brain has been feeling completely fried.  I find myself thinking about the most random things.  I figured I would share those with you guys so you can ponder the same weird crap that I do.

Enjoy!

1.  The TV show 'My Strange Addiction' really freaks me out.  I just want to know how someone thinks that drinking nail posh, or noshing on a loved one's cremains is an OK idea.  Never once has something like that ever crossed my mind.  I don't do laundry and think, "Man, I'm starving.  I should eat some of this detergent." I mean, SERIOUSLY.

2.  The Shaun White debacle.  Recently, snowboarder Shaun White has come under fire from the CHD (congenital heart defect) community.  Shaun White has Tetroloy of Fallot, which Sully also has.  Shaun has had open heart surgeries and really hasn't let his CHD slow him down.  I think that's so amazing.  Shaun White has been featured in a commercial for St. Jude's; some CHD parents and supporters are FURIOUS.  They think that because Shaun has a CHD, that should be, apparently, his one and only cause.  How dare he help kids with cancer? ::insert eye roll here::  Don't get me wrong, I am a cardiac mom through and through, but, would you want to be just known as the "heart kid?"  Or known because you have a CHD, not because you are a stellar athlete?  I wouldn't want that.  As I have said before, I don't want Sully to be know as "that kid with the heart problems."  And bravo to Shaun White for not letting that be his reason for being known. 

3.  I'm obsessed with watching 'One Tree Hill' reruns on Netflix.  It is one of my all time favorite shows, and I really think that James Lafferty a.k.a Nathan Scott, is my dream guy and I was supposed to live in Tree Hill.

4.  I wish I could give people on Facebook a grammar lesson.  The amount of times that your/you're are used incorrectly just amazes me.

5.  Speaking of Facebook, I really hate when people share a billion cutesy pics and jokes and random other things.  It really clutters up my news feed and slows down my ability to Facebook creep.

6.  I am so excited for Easter!  Any excuse to give Sully presents is OK in my book.  I ordered some new Bubble Guppies books and bath toys from Amazon and we are going to get him a big bag of veggie straws and some cookies.  He will love it.  I'm already working on his clues. :-)

7.  How do people eat french fries without ketchup?  I have seen it twice this week and I just don't know how it's done.  Ketchup is in my top 5 favorite food items, so it blows my mind when others don't appreciate its deliciousness.

8.  There are way too many 'social networking' sites.  Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Flickr, Instagram, Formspring, LinkedIn, and a bunch of other ones that I can't even think of now.  I think someone would need to make it their full time job to actually be up to date on all these sites.  I do currently Facebook (I am an FB addict), Instagram, and have a Twitter.  I have pretty much let Twitter fall to the wayside and use it to catch people that I know doing shady things, but I do enjoy this Instagram business.  I like to look at the cool pics and I love tweaking all the adorable pics of my Sully Monster.

9.  This has got to be the most random post ever... hahah.

10.  Due to my love of completely worthless morning TV, I will leave you with a joke, courtesy of Michelle Tanner:

Q:  What is a frog's favorite drink?

A:  Croak-a-Cola! 

... that was lame, but you know you laughed.... :-)

Happy Thursday!

Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment